sábado, julho 19, 2008

Buriedfed

this is my last song about myself, about my friends
found something else to sing
try and patch it up with tape and twine
maybe i'll just break everything that's mine

they wheeled out my casket
they said, "boy, lay down your head"
i said, "aw shit, man, i ain't even dead"
i won't be buried for i'm...

my friend, who's a real yo-yo
she's always crying, and no one knows why
she's gonna be alright
lost her past in a fuzzy fire
wasn't even drunk, just a little tired last night

and they took her to the doctor
to fix her heart, and heal her head
she said, "goddamn, i'm tired of being polite
go save somebody else"

friend of mine drank something fine
choked to death before his time, last night
he said, "i found that thing you really need"
come on, you can't breathe alright

everyone'll be there at the burial in your head
and a tear or two, they shed
then they're gonna go digging in your hole
and find someone else instead
make someone else feel dead instead